Thursday, April 7, 2022

Breastfeeding Support

        When I first become a mom in Novemember of 2009 I had these high espectations of being able to pump more than ounce of breast milk and I needed to have an electronic breast pump. I wish I knew what I know now that the mamas who were able to pump more than ounce or two from each breast combined were over producers. Thats not he average normal breast milk a nursing and pumping mama should be able to pump. I wish I would have known that I would have a hard time breast feeding my son when I had daughter my first born I would have contuined breast feeding her longer then what I did. When I had my son in 2015 I wanted to breast feed so badly but he would latch on correctly and I knew about nursing mamas who had the same problem and I asked the nurses over and over agian for the nurse lactation nurse to come in help me. 
        The lactation nurse was not very helpful at all I asked her about nipple tool for breast feeding mamas who are having a hard to getting their little babies to latch on correctly I told the nurse I cant get him to latch on correctly to help me get him to latch on right. The lactation nurse was rushing she was not helpful at all I had no support I felt so alone. I coulnt understand why I was having such a hard time getting my son to latch on when I had no pronblem getting my daughter to latch on when I had her in 2009. I know each baby was different I felt like a such a failure as a mom I knew that breast milk is best then formula I wanted to breastfeed but my son just wasnt having it. He just used me as a pacifier to go to sleep he wouldnt eat. He made my boonbs so sore at first once I got him to latch on correctly he just juse me as pacifier. He wasnt drinking enough milk. 
        I eventually just had to stop breastfeeding him altogether and just straight formula feed him because he wasnt getting enough of the fatty milk he needed. My body just wanst producing enough milk because the first few days was crucial that I needed him to latch on correclty to get my body to produce the milk it needed to be able to feed my baby boy my son. I felt like a bad mother to this day I wish I could have gotten him to latch on correctly. I had to learn that it was okay sometimes some babys dont latch on correctly.
        If your a breastfeeding mama or mama who wants to breastfeed look into community support groups for mamas who are breastfeeding. I wish I would have known more about the breastfeeding support groups so I could have had the support I wanted and needed when I was breastfeeding. Talk to your OBGYN talk to your doctor about your plans to breastfeed so that they can help give you all the support you need to breastfeed your baby. Talk to your doctor ask about breastfeeding support groups and any other breastfeeding support information they may have to give to you that your not awarte of. If you dont like your lactation nurse at the hosptial ask for another one if there is another you can help thats avaibale. 
        Also I wish I would have know that there was things I could have done to help my body to produce milk. Here is what I found you can make 

No comments:

Post a Comment