Thursday, April 7, 2022

The Struggles of Having a Slow Learning Disability

        I am so tried of the stegmia of having a slow learning disabilitys and people always judging me. When people look at me they dont see the my disability I get dirty looks or looks on peoples faces says Yeah right I dont believe you. Disability does not have a certain look. You cant see my disability because its not a pyshcial disability. My disability affects how I learn things and I learn things at a slow pace then the average normal person. I was diagnosed as a young child with a learning disability. Matter of fact it was not my teacher or the school that noticed I had a learning disability. My mom is the one that caught and notied that I had a learning disability.  My mom had to fight with the school to have them hold me back in the first grade I still was not able to keep up with my classmates in a regular classroom. I was then tested over and over again with different tests. I was finally put in special education classes and I also had to take speach therapy. I had a speach problem. 

        The struggle for someone like me who has a disablitlity the struggle is even harder and ways more intense. Its easy for a normal average person to go to a job interview and land the job. I have been to job interviews and when I discussed with interviewer usually its a manager that I did have a learning disabiltiy they really dont understand what that means. I have been hired for jobs and fired from jobs because I wasnt able to learn how to do the job fast enough the manager didnt have time to train me properly. Its emabrassig and its humilating to lose your job because of a slow learning disability I was born with. I cant control how I learn things or how fast I learn things. I can learn new things it just takes me longer to learn them.

       My slow learning disability makes it hard for me to find a job I can do. I have tried to get a disability check or get my SSI disabiliy check back since I become an adult, I have been denied every time I applied for my disability check or SSI check. I cant get a disbility check or SSI check I can find and hold a study job that I cam capable of doing makes it hard to be able to stand on my own two feet and be able to support myself. I am so tried of people and my own family judges me acts like just because I have slow learning disability doesnt mean that I dont understand how to do things  for example saying things I cant manage money like my aunt telling my mom that dont put me down as one of her benefiicares on her life insurance money because of my learning disability I wont know how to handle her last dying affairs. My slow learning disability does not affect me knowing how to manage money and making sure I pay bills when they are due. My slow learning disability does not affect knowng how to take care of last and final affairs when it comes to someones death making sure the cost of having them buried or cremated is covered and paid. I am completely capable of doing all of those things and so much more.

        Please who ever reads this blog post next time you meet someone dont judge them before you get to know someone. Please dont judge your own family, coworkers, friends or friends before you really get to know them and their story and life struggles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment